ON THE MAP is on the map!
Cinema Village NYC has decided to keep our movie running for another week.
And on Dec. 16 we will open at the wonderful
Laemmle Town Center 5 in LA!
Director Dani Menkin will be there for Q&A this weekend!
But wait, there is more coming up. Here are some of our next screenings:
* MOBILE JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* TUCSON INTERNATIONAL JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* LAS VEGAS JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - Opening night with Dani Menkin
* VIRGINIA FESTIVAL OF JEWISH FILM - Opening night with Tal Brody
* MIAMI JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - With Tal Brody
* PALM BEACH JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* SAN DIEGO JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - Opening night with Dani Menkin
* GREATER PHOENIX JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - Opening night with Dani Menkin
* CHARLOTTE JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - With Tal Brody
* TRIAD JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL IN GREENSBORO
* NEW ORLEANDS JCC - SPECIAL NBA ALL STARS WEEKEND SCREENING - celebrating the 40th anniversary of game against CSKA
* SAN ANTONIO JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* CINCINNATI JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL - Closing night with Dani and Tal
* LOUISVILLE JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* NAPLES FESTIVAL OF JEWISH FILM - Opening night
For our full ON THE MAP schedule and trailer check
ON THE MAP Official Site
We're excited to announce that My Hero Brother was selected as the Official Film for Jewish Disability Awareness & Inclusion Month (JDAIM), which takes place in February.
The film is featured in the 2017 Guidebook, which is reviewed by hundreds of communities across the USA!
MY HERO BROTHER is coming to US in 2017
and director Yonatan Nir will be holding speaking sessions
Some of our scheduled screenings:
* Jan 12 - BOSTON, Sneak Preview
* Jan 15 - DETROIT, Sneak Preview
* Jan 18 - MIAMI, Sneak Preview
* Jan 21 - TUCSON, Sneak Preview
* Jan 22 - HARRISBURG, Sneak Preview
* Feb 7 - SANTA BARBARA INTERNATIONAL FILM ESTIVAL,
Official USA Premiere
* Feb 26 - GREATER METROWEST, JDAIM
* Mar 21 - HARTFORD JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* Mar 23 - CHERRY HILL JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
* Mar 27/28 - PALM BEACH, REEL MATTERS
* May 1 - GRAND RAPIDS JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL
Director Yonatan Nir will be on a US tour during January-February 2017 and is available for screenings and speaking sessions
For more information please contact Omer at email@example.com
Hey Jude Productions is an independent production company based in Israel and Los Angeles. We focus on independent films, strong-character-focused documentaries and narrative films.
The company was founded by Dani Menkin in 2005 while producing HBO/CINEMAX award winning documentary "39 pounds of love", which was shortlisted for the American Oscars.
Yonatan Nir joined Hey Jude Productions in 2008, to produce "Dolphin Boy" (ARTE/Channel 4). This first movie that Menkin and Nir performed together was broadcasted in over 20 countries, won many awards, and was later acquired by Disney Pictures.
Since Dolphin Boy, Menkin and Nir have produced and directed several fiction and documentary films, among them "Je t'aime, I love you terminal", "Cutting the Pain", "Beyond the Boundaries", "Is That You?", "On The Map".
We are proud of what we have reached so far! HJP movies have been screened in cinemas and film festivals worldwide, broadcasted internationally, and acquired several international mentions and awards. And the hard work, beautiful stories, challenging projects and dreams continue... ᐧ
Dani Menkin is an Israeli Academy Award Winning filmmaker for 39 POUNDS OF LOVE. The film, written, produced and directed by him has been sold to HBO and was short listed for the Oscars.
His award winning film, DOLPHIN BOY was sold to over 20 countries around the globe and was recently bought by DISNEY for adaptation. Dani wrote, produced and directed the award winning film JE T'AIME I LOVE YOU TERMINAL, planned to go on theatrical distribution in U.S., and is also a creator partner for the Israeli cult indie film WISDOM OF THE PRETZEL.
Dani Menkin is a speaker and film juror at International Festivals around the world
as well as a film professor in universities and colleges in Israel and U.S.
Award winning documentary filmmaker Yonatan Nir started his storytelling career as a photojournalist. His photo essays, from countries such as Papua New Guinea, Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Egypt, India, and South Africa, have been featured extensively in Israeli and international newspapers and magazines. They have received numerous international awards and nominations, including the prestigious Asian Geographic ‘Best of the Decade’ Award for photojournalism. His experience in photojournalism has helped influence and enhance his unique style for capturing and portraying poignant stories from across the world.
Yonathan’s film Dolphin Boy, has been broadcasted in more than twenty different countries and received several awards and mentions.
Yonatan is a lecturer in several universities and colleges in Israel, and has served as a juror in various international film festivals.
"Dani Menkin's appearance added a touch of class to our festival's closing day. Is That You? was so well received and the audience was engaged in an entertaining Q&A after the film. In fact, Dani was still answering questions from our fans a half hour after the Q&A! We're so glad we chose the film and Dani Menkin for our 2015 festival. It helped us go out with a bang!" - Charlotte Jewish Film Festival
Charlotte JFF said it best- Menkin’s speaking sessions are always inspiring and entertaining discussions with the audience. Menkin, an experienced speaker that has appeared at more than 30 international film festivals, touches the “serious” and sensitive issues of life in a fun and lighthearted manner. While each audience has its unique characteristics and interests, Menkin directs the discussion in a way that best fits all. Mature audiences can discuss regrets and “the read not taken”, film students can discuss the ethical dilemmas of a documentary and film lovers of all ages can discuss film’s role as a therapeutic tool. Menkin is also an experienced producer, film juror and film professor in universities in Israel and USA.